donderdag 28 juli 2011

Season 3

I play on the EU servers and Season 3 started on 27 July. The first thing I wanted to do is to play my one placement match.
Season 1 ended for me on high Platinum but after that I took a long break and got back near the end of Season 2 which ended on low Platinum. I started to lose almost everything (which I wrote about earlier).

When I started my SCII I was kinda nervous about the league I would go in. I pressed the button and adrenaline floated through my body. I saw my opponent was a Zerg player (my worst match up ever). Earlier this week I saw a Day[9]'s broadcast about Sen's ZvZ and it learned me a few things I thought I would use.
The worse about it was that I went to play without a plan.....

Allright my first match of the day. ZvZ.

Replay here: http://replayfu.com/r/QZxrdq

As you can see my opponent went with a ten pool and I went for my twelve pool when I scouted his base. This way I could get my queen out on time and a couple of zerglings for the first 6 lings. This idea I saw in one of the video's earlier mentioned. And even if he didn't attacked with the first 6 lings as he shouldn't do in my opinion (because I can have to much defense for that to work).


This part is the first of which made me proud. My Queen got out RIGHT when his 6 lings got into my base. I micro my queen around my hatchery and I could block the lings from picking off my queen. I lost nothing AND picked of his 6 lings. Right after my lings got out and run it straight up to his base, picked off HIS queen (ooh yeah!) and ran away when I saw his roach warren. Meanwhile I made a baneling nest, which wasn't a good idea since he started to make only roaches, but in this cause it was okay. Made 4 banelings and killed 6 drones.

I transitioned into roaches with +1 attack. Since I had 1 base more and double his drones I found myself in a pretty good position. Keep building roaches and speedlings. I didnt forgot to scout (which sometimes happen).
He blocked his ramp tho with roaches so I didn't got an opportunity to run my lings in his main. Then he tried to expand. but my lings could attack it, Send 1 ling in and BAMN he send all of his roaches (major mistake he made there.) So I could run in ALL my lings in his main and pick off his queen, hatch and roach warren all tough some drones escaped It was a big step for me to win. He only just got his expansion up and couldn't make more roaches so I thought! He MUST attack or he definitely lose.
And my guess was right

Luckily I had 3 spinecrawlers up and moved some of my roaches on the high ground, which he had no vision on and massacred him with my +1 roaches against his +0 roaches.

Clean win you think? Yeah definitely but a major win for me. I thought straight made the right decision and won like a boss.

This is not a master league zerg player but a high gold, it would have gone all different if it was a Master/Diamond league zerg player but hey, I am learning aint I?

25 opmerkingen:

  1. Interesting Blog and interesting game!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Sounds nice! Pretty sophisticated. I look forward to watching the replay tonight

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Well done! Clean win from a nice strategy, wish i could watch the replay with some commentary.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. that was great man, even though i dont play this game this sounds crazy interesting

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. It was fun reading about the game, I will follow to hear more!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. makes me want to buy this! nice read

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. awesome to read, cant wait to read in the future.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. Look forward to all your posts, need to get into SC2!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. nice, been thinking about getting back to this game

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  10. Nicely detailed, and very helpful. Thank you.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  11. This is almost like reading those Bridge strategies by the crossword puzzles in some newspapers, only far more exciting. +following

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  12. Everyone has to start somewhere. Keep it up bro.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  13. Never really been into starcraft, but it looks rather interesting

    +Followed

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen